Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Remote Sd card

So in case anyone doesn't already know about the raspberry pi, go check out their website: http://www.raspberrypi.org/

My biggest concern with this project is that I want it to, as much as possible, look like and unmodified Nintendo 64 while maintaining the ability to change the boot system and such as easily as possible. The OS on the raspi is contained on whatever SD card you put into it. Sure I could just cut a hole into the side or something, but where is the fun in that?
My solution is to make use of the interchangeability built into the console itself. By that I mean, obviously, the game cartridges. I intend to make a remote SD card to plug into the raspi, run to the game socket, and install SD cards into various game cartridges. Of course this means much more work for me, but I think it will yield the end product I'm looking for.
Here are some shots of what I've got so far. It's not pretty but it seems to work still lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment